Where to spend sports holidays with children in September? Sardinia is the ideal destination for sports tourism with the family
Holidays in September? You can feel very fortunate because if you have chosen this mythical Mediterranean island as a destination for your holidays with the family you will not be disappointed. This is the most suitable period for sports holidays in Sardinia as well as discovering the island by doing outdoor activities with children and young people.
Gallura in September is a paradise for those who want to enjoy the crystal-clear sea and pure white beaches but also for families who want to spend sports and activity holidays in Sardinia in the midst of nature and at the same time discovering places, landscapes and traditions.
The best outdoor activities to do in Gallura in order to best enjoy energetic holidays by the sea in Septemberare those on offer at the Resort Le Dune, the family hotel by the sea at Badesi recently described by theHuffington Post as “A children Paradise”.
Here are some ideas for things to do with the family in Sardinia during a September sports holiday:
Things to do on the water in the North of Sardinia
- Sports fishing trips with the whole family. A day spent fishing with the children? Well, you can with the boats of the Poseidon fleet that are rented exclusively for you so that you can head off for the fish-rich waters off the coast of Badesi and Isola Rossa. Expert skippers will accompany the whole family on an exciting adventure: the chance to see fish both large and small, the best equipment and stops for unforgettable swims in the most beautiful bays of the Costa Rossa.
- Kayaking and Sup amidst the granite cliffs of the North of Sardinia. Paddling together with your children from Badesi to Isola Rossa is particularly impressive and then floating alongside the Aragonese Tower, La Marinedda beach and the granite cliffs of Punta Canneddi even more so. And then why not go on to Costa Paradiso, where it is impossible not to stop for a swim in the secluded bays of the Costa Rossa.
- Snorkeling at Badesi and the surrounding area. One experience to enjoy with the family in Sardinia is to observe the wonders of the sea – snorkeling with the kids while discovering some of the best diving sites in the North of Sardinia. Li Cossi, 15 minutes from Badesi, is an ideal bay in which to marvel at the lush underwater plants and marine life. But they’re not really active family holidays in Sardinia if you don’t go on excursions to the inland areas of Gallura…
Excursions in the North of Sardinia
- Holidays by bicycle in the North of Sardinia in September are truly exceptional. Whether you want to take a ride on the normal roads towards the interior of Gallura or whether you like unpaved mountain biking trails to follow the coast between Vignola and Santa Teresa Gallura, you will not be disappointed by the beauty of the routes and the bicycle hotel services offered by the Resort Le Dune.
- Climbing for all the family on the Aggius hills and Nordic walking among the Gallura “Stazzi”. Are you an energetic family looking to enjoy some of the most incredible landscapes in Sardinia? The typical small town of Aggius is just 20 minutes from Badesi and it is surrounded by the fascinating range of mountainous outcrops known as the “Resegone Sardo” or Sardinian Resegone. Climbing some of these cliffs is well within the range of older children and once on top the whole family can enjoy the incredible surrounding scenery. If instead you want to enjoy the beauty of the Mediterranean vegetation, make sure not to miss going on a walk surrounded by the scents and smells of the Gallura countryside which takes you through old farm cottages, forests of cork oak and wild rosemary.
- The Tour of Gallura organized by the Resort Le Dune. You leave Badesi with the whole family and set off for the Nuraghe Majori in Tempio Pausania where you have the chance to admire the last remains of the Nuraghic civilization and discover ancient Gallura traditions with a visit to the MEOC museum in Aggius. Before returning a tasting session of traditional local products in a typical café is of course, obligatory.